IN THE COURT OF MS. SNEHA SHARMA, CIVIL JUDGE, SOUTH
SAKET COURT, NEW DELHI
Civil Suit No. SCJ/63/2021
IN THE MATTER OF :
Surjeet Singh …..Plaintiff
Anup Kumar .… Defendant
DOH : 07.05.2022
CERTIFICATE UNDER SECTION 65B OF THE INDIAN EVIDENCE ACT,1872
I, Anup Kumar aged about 40 years S/o. Bhushan Kumar, 34, DDA Flats , New Delhi – 110049, do hereby solemnly affirm and declare as under:-
- That I am the defendant in the present case and I am fully conversant with facts and circumstances of the case, hence competent to swear and depose this affidavit.
- That I have filed and relied upon bunch of documents filed alongwith the list of documents and the evidence by way of affidavit before this Hon’ble Court and the said documents are being filed and exhibited on record in proceedings in the matter by me. Some of the said documents are the hard copies of electronic records comprising of the emails sent to Amit Singh dated 12.02.2020 on his Email ID- firstname.lastname@example.org and received from Bajaj Finance Ltd. as proof of loan , screenshots of text message of SBI Bank dated 10.02.2020, screenshots of Whatsapp messages dated 01.12.2019 & 27.11.2019 as communicated between me and Amit Singh, old photographs of friendship with Mr. Amit Singh. These documents were taken by me through computer and mobile. These documents contain facts relevant to the above said matter. I crave leave to refer to and rely upon clear copies / transcripts of the same at the time of hearing, if necessary.
- It is sated that the said bunch of documents relied and filed by me before this Hon’ble Court , are the computer and mobile output / hardcopies, of the electronic records stored , synced at my computer & my email ID – email@example.com and mobile phone of Samsung Z4 having Mobile number 9810715809 (SIM of Airtel company) ; Whatsapp chat dated 01.12.2019 & 27.11.2019 through my mobile phone having number 9810715878 (SIM of Airtel company) with mobile phone of Mr. Amit Singh having mobile and Whatsapp No.981081675
- I confirm that the contents of the hardcopies of the said documents, filed and relied by me before this Hon’ble Court which were taken through computer terminal and the said mobile operated by me, are identical to the original electronic record matter at the above said devices. The said documents have been taken by me from my computer and mobile and are the computer outputs / printouts of the above said electronic records, as defined under Section 65B of the Indian Evidence Act, 1872. I am using the said computer and mobile regularly to store a process of formation without any break – down. The said documents are also saved in the hard disc of computer. The aforesaid the e-mails, text message and Whatsapp messages are derived from such information fed/received into the computer and mobile phone in the ordinary course and it has not been tempered / altered.
- That, accordingly, I am making this present affidavit to certify that hard copies of the said documents, filed and relied by me before this Hon’ble Court, are “true copy / reproduction of the electronic record which was fed into / transmitted through computer terminal and mobile. The above affidavit, therefore, in the facts and circumstances of the case, is sufficient compliance of Section 65B of the Evidence Act. The above hard copies / printouts as taken out from the computer and mobile, therefore, can be treated as certified copy of same.
Verified at New Delhi on this 7th Day of May 2022 that the contents of the above affidavit are true and correct to the best of my knowledge and belief and nothing material has been concealed therefrom.